gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble GPS model 57963

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble GPS model 57963
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:42:31 -0800

We've never seen such a device before, so no - gpsd does not have a
driver for it.

Historically our focus has been on mediating access to positioning
devices rather than timing devices; this is kind of unexplored
territory. That said, there are some drivers that do send some wake-up
messages to the device, and if there's a way to get this device to
emit position, time, and health/quality it shouldn't be too hard to
add a new driver.