gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Getting data from U-Blox 6 receiver (native or NMEA pro

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Getting data from U-Blox 6 receiver (native or NMEA protocol)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 13:15:06 -0700

Yo Askar!

On Tue, 5 May 2015 19:20:20 +0300
Askar Ibragimov <address@hidden> wrote:

> just to get an update on this.
>
> I had COM port on my motherboard so I acquired a cable/connector and
> put my ublox there. It worked like a charm.

So, your problem was the port.

> Therefore, it is MOXA 1110 device that has some funny issues with its
> driver or tty settings that caused the issue.

Or maybe just level incompatibility.  In any case, direct RS-232 is
usually best as many USB-SERIAL converters seem flakey.

> As a side note, my UBLOX did not remember its settings after power
> off. It would be nice if gpsd would re-baud it using ublox command to
> some high speed .

A lot of people preferred gpsd never touched their GPS settings.  You
should be able to do it with 'gpsctl -s [baud]'

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588