gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Building the master branch and the split24 option

From: Roy Barkas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Building the master branch and the split24 option
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:44:00 +1100

I ran the bisects and at the end the report was:

Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 0 steps)
[8ed2110796b33df581aeb9a73ec491dd78d9902b] Fix static-check warnings.

I had a look at that commit and it doesn't, on the surface, seem to have anything to do with the error I'm seeing but who knows?

As a reminder - there are many errors displayed during the build but the first is:

Processing test/daemon/GPSmap-76S.log...gpsd:ERROR: shmget(1196446532, 8248, 0666) failed: Invalid argument
gpsd:ERROR: shared-segment creation failed,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
Roy Barkas <address@hidden>:
> As further info, when I build the 3.9 tarball I don't get the errors.
> When I build from a cloned copy of 'master' I do get the errors.
>
> I'll try the pps=no and see what it does

I have never seen this error on any version.  If I had I'd have fixed it.

The second-to-next thing to try is ntpshm=no.

The actual next thing to try is a bisection.  Rad the manpage for
'git bisect'; mark 3.9 good, mark head bad, and go. At each revision
run scons testregress and mark the new commit good or bad.

>From the looks of things you should be able to identify the exact
commit that broke things in eight tries, maybe seven.