gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Building the master branch and the split24 option

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Building the master branch and the split24 option
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:10:46 -0400

Roy Barkas <address@hidden>:
> There was a commit on Sept 15th that added a "split24" option to the ?WATCH
> object and added a -s option to gpsdecode.
>
> I cloned the *master* branch, and then verified that the split 24 option
> was included in the source.
>
> When I run  scons && scons testregress I get many errors like:
>
> gpsd:ERROR: shared-segment creation failed,...(1.68 sec) done.
> Processing test/daemon/polarx2.log...gpsd:ERROR: shmget(1196446532, 31616,
> 0666) failed:
>
> If I run gpsd despite the build errors, an error message is displayed that
> says:
>
> gpsd:ERROR: shmget(1196446532, 31616, 0666) failed: Invalid argument
> gpsd:ERROR: shared-segment creation failed,
>
> I have seen some comment on these errors occurring during the build process
> but I haven't seen any mention of the run-time error.

Hm.  I think this is something in your local environment causing the
attachment to the NTPD shared-memory segment to fail. Try building with pps=no;
that should banish these errors.  And tell me if it does - I may want to
add a note to the test instructions.

I'll test and get back to you about the split24 issue.