gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Support for PPS on 10Hz Devices

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Support for PPS on 10Hz Devices
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 13:40:58 -0700

Yo Andrew!

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:07:57 +0800
Andrew Yong <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a 10Hz GPS module with 10Hz NMEA sentences, and PPS doesn't
> seem to be picked up. Has anyone tried this?

Nope.  Is it really outputting PPS 10 times a sec?  Not much point
to that.

> I only see workarounds for 5Hz GPS in the code.

Yup.

> My module is an Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout (GlobalTop module,
> MTK3339 chip), through a FT231x with PPS on DCD pin.

I'm looking at the data sheet.  It says 1PPS, not 10PPS.  So I suspect your
rpboelm is eleswhere.

What version of gpsd and what command line are you using to start
it.  Try high debug levels like this:
        gpsd -nD 6 /devv/ttyS0 |& fgrep PPS

RGDS
GARY