gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd:WARN: PPS TIOCMIWAIT returns unchanged state, ppsm

From: folkert
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd:WARN: PPS TIOCMIWAIT returns unchanged state, ppsmonitor sleeps 10
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 20:36:56 +0200

> > Ok I added an extra serial card but that did not help.
> Too bad, but not unexpected.  One 16550A clone is much like another.

I had lots of problems finding one that works via pci-e.

> > gpsd:INFO: KPPS cycle:  999928, duration:  779940 @
> > 1372789172.778096721 gpsd:PROG: KPPS assert 1372789172.778096721,
> > sequence: 4 - clear  1372789172.998064460, sequence: 5 gpsd:PROG:
> > KPPS data: using clear gpsd:INFO: KPPS cycle:  999908, duration:
> > 219967 @ 1372789172.998064460 gpsd:PROG: KPPS assert
> [...]
>
> That actually looks pretty good, most of the time.  Then it just seems
> to miss some pulses.

Odd.
Is that really fatal?
Because minpoll is 4 only 1 in 16 seconds should matter, right?

> > What I don't understand: what does it need TIOCMIWAIT for? It already
> > has the assert/clears?
> Looks to me like it is missing a pulse now and then.  Can you confirm
> your GPS is outputting true RS-232 levels?  That is plus and minus 12
> Volts.  Could also be a problem with interrupts on your motherboard.

According to the manual it is TIA-232-F which according to wikipedia is
true rs232.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail na wan makriki wrokosani fu tan luku den logfile nanga san
den commando spiti puru. Piki puru spesrutu sani, wroko nanga difrenti