gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd:WARN: PPS TIOCMIWAIT returns unchanged state, ppsm

From: folkert
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd:WARN: PPS TIOCMIWAIT returns unchanged state, ppsmonitor sleeps 10
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 20:25:58 +0200

> > address@hidden:/usr/src/gpsd-3.6# setserial -av /dev/ttyS1
> > /dev/ttyS1, Line 1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
> >         Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
> >         closing_wait: 3000
> >         Flags: spd_normal skip_test
>
> Are you really running a GPS at 115200 baud??  I hop you have
> flow control.

Ha no, that's probably some maximum setting or so: I run it at 4800 bps.

> > >   yur kernel version?
> >
> > 3.2.0-rc7
>
> That is a pretty old kernel version.  I know there have been changes
> to the TIOCMWAIT code since then.  Can you try a new kernel?

Unfortunately not: that system also serves a baycom modem and in more
recent kernels that driver is broken.

Folkert van Heusden

--
www.vanheusden.com/multitail - multitail is tail on steroids. multiple
               windows, filtering, coloring, anything you can think of