gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS data on TCP IP not on /dev/tty

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS data on TCP IP not on /dev/tty
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:52:18 -0700

Yo Sai!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 23:41:15 -0700 (PDT)
Sai Manoj <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am wondering if any one of you can tell me how I can get the GPSD
> to take the data from TCP IP port. I will be using the ROS package
> which relies on GPSD process.

This has been discussed previsouly on this list.  You just need to
create a named pipe.  Send your TCP/IP data to the pipe and let
gpsd read from the pipe, using the pipe fila name as the device name.

Many ways to skin that cat, it can evern be done entirely in bash.
Netcat might be the best way.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588