gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS fix last to long

From: Tomalak Geret'kal
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS fix last to long
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:10:18 +0100

On 06/09/2012 19:26, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Krzysztof!
Patch shows for the rest of gpsd-2.95 users the place where could be
a problem - it was the intention.
No one should be using 2.95.

While your intent is noble, 2.95 is not *that* old and out in the real world where gpsd may be used via interface with proprietary codebases and where (right or wrong) there is insufficient top-down support for devoting time to support updates, your "commandment" rings a little flat. I was fortunate to have enough clout to drive an upgrade to 3.x, but given that 3.0 wasn't even released a year ago, I imagine I'm quite in the minority outside of academic circles.

Tom