gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Error while compiling NAN undeclared in gpsdclient.c

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Error while compiling NAN undeclared in gpsdclient.c
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 12:29:57 -0700

Yo Bas!

BTW, please keep the gpsd-users in the Cc.  Someone else may have
solved the problem, or have the problem in the future.

On Tue, 01 May 2012 21:19:13 +0200
Bas van Duijnhoven <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.

Somedays the list works, some days not.  Today is your day.

> Indeed this is the first error i get, i do however see some warnings
> in other files (not in gspdclients.h) so i asume this is not a
> problem.

There should be no warning either.  So please send those along as well.

> I've tracked down de bits/nan.h file  (located in .opt/include/bits),
> and made sure this is the file the compiler is looking for by
> renaming the file tot nan.h.old. I then get a file not found error.
> So this is the correct file, iva attached it below.

Good.

> Could this be due to a wrong nan.h version (not specific for my ARM
> cpu)? Any ideas?

Beats me.  ARM is not my thing.

> Im not very well versed in compiling on embedded linux (this is my
> "first" try), so please bare with me.

Puts you ahead of me.

> /* `NAN' constant for IEEE 754 machines.

Looks to me like no matter what, this file will define NAN somehow.  So
strange to me that your compiler does not think NAN is defined.  You
might want to track down which of the 3 definitions for NAN is getting
(not) used.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588