gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] SDDBT

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] SDDBT
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 05:54:02 -0500

Hamish <address@hidden>:
> Hamish:
> > > I believe I've sent that through a couple times
> > > in the past, but can send NMEA logs from Furuno
> > > and Garmin depth sounders again if it is wanted.
> Eric:
> > grep DBT test/daemon/*.log douesn't show any hits, so,
> > no, I don't have such data.
>
> in here is a small sample:
>  http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/gpsd-users/2007-July/002739.html

As of a couple of minutes ago GPSD has support for SDDBT. So far it's
tested only with John Hawley's log from an ECDIS system that returns just GLL
and DBT. I'd like to have a regrtession test that includes DBT in a more
vomplex sentence mix.

Hamish, your sample looked good for that purpose, but it had a note
that said:

>fwiw, here's a snippet of the NMEA log.
>(includes autopilot, depth sounder, etc messages detailed below)
>It's a Furuno GPS and Sounder, but can't recall the make of the
>autopilot or model numbers, I can get that once the ship returns
>to port.

Can you dig up that information?  Or provide another sample with DBT
and similar complexity?