gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Unrecognized request '?POLL'

From: Andrew Perrin
Subject: [gpsd-users] Unrecognized request '?POLL'
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:52:03 -0500 (EST)

Good afternoon - returning to using gpsd after several months, and the perl script I had working before is no longer working.  The script uses Net::GPSD3 to poll the gpsd daemon, running under linux. However the script just hangs, and the logfile shows:

gpsd: ERROR: ERROR response: {"class":"ERROR","message":"Unrecognized request '?POLL'"}\x0d\x0a

The same thing happens using the poll example script from the perl Net::GPSD3 package. However it works fine using the handler example script, and the test clients from gpsd work fine.

My best guess is therefore that the poll() method is broken for some reason. Any help would be most appreciated.

System is debian linux (testing), kernel 3.2.0, gpsd version 3.4-2.

Thanks for your help.