gpsd-dev

Re: SparkFun GNSS L1/L5 Breakout - NEO-F10N, SMA - GPS-24114 - SparkFun

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: SparkFun GNSS L1/L5 Breakout - NEO-F10N, SMA - GPS-24114 - SparkFun Electronics
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:59:43 -0400

Frank Nicholas <frank@nicholasfamilycentral.com> writes:

> Not that I know anything about it, but Sparkfun’s product page states,
> “Utilizing the L5 band, the NEO-F10N delivers improved performance
> under challenging urban environments. The L5 signals fall within the
> protected ARNS (aeronautical radio navigation service) frequency band,
> leading to less RF interference.”

That sounds like a quote from u-blox marketing people.  It might be
true, and it might be a claim made with no data that isn't true.

Without a reference to data published in a peer-reviewed journal, I'm
skeptical :-)  It's certainly possible L5 is quieter.

Perhaps someone can get data out of an F9, which I think can measure
noise levels, with a L1/L2/l5 antenna, in a statistically  valid sample
of urban locations.  Or use a spectrum analyzer.