gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] current nits

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] current nits
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 14:45:18 -0700

Yo Mike!

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 22:04:45 +0100
Mike Tubby <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 29/06/2019 20:13, Hal Murray wrote:
> > address@hidden said:
> >> Or writing a shell script to do the sconsclean part instead.
> > I like that suggestion.
>
> I've never understood why gpsd uses scons in the first place when
> just about eveyone else does:
[...]
> works for them...  (runs for the door ... clunk ;-)

Check out newer software.  The move away from autoconf has been slow,
but steady.

scons has not stood the test of time, but projects are moving forward
to things like meson instead of backwards to autoconf.

Check out the gpsd archives when the switch was made.  You'll see
why the change was made.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588