gpaint-develop

Re: [Gpaint-develop] Line Width, more options?

From: Alan Horkan
Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] Line Width, more options?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:27:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Michael A. Meffie III wrote:

> Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:32:26 -0500
> From: Michael A. Meffie III <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] Line Width, more options?
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
>

> > I have previously considered it would be useful to have more option for
> > the Line Width and while reviewing Paint.Net (a graphics program
> > for windows) I noticed it offered Line Widths from 1 to 100 and it worked
> > quite well.
> >
> > I took a look around at the gpaint and eventually noticed the options
> > looked like they had been individually added, clearly for 1-100 a loop
> > would be more appropriate.  I'm not sure how to go about adding this and
> > advice would be appreciated.
> >
> > I like to use Toolbars in Priority text mode, that is with text lables on
> > the left.  Unfortunately the Line Width label interferes with this forcing
> > the toolbar to be unnecessarily tall, and I was hoping, wondering if it
> > might be allright to move it to the right (or left) of the drop down box
> > so that priority text mode toolbars would look better?
>
> I know the line-width drop down is kind of clumsy.  I was thinking we
> should do away with the drop down menu. The line widths would be placed
> on bottom the tool palette, as a series of lines of various thicknesses.

While it would be good to have a way to visually select different line
widths in addition to the drop down, I figured it would be simpler (to
implement) and more useful if there was a much bigger range of values.

I'd like to change it to fit in better with my choice of toolbar layout
by doing something about the label but I wouldn't get rid if completely.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape, Draw Freely  http://inkscape.org
Abiword is Awesome http://abisource.com