goptical

Re: [Goptical] [ANN] Goptical based project announcement

From: Dibyendu Majumdar
Subject: Re: [Goptical] [ANN] Goptical based project announcement
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 00:06:38 +0100

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear a voice here.

On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 23:45, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was wondering if you had any plans for making any python bindings
> available. I used goptical a while back for a design, but have since
> switched to pyoptools for those kind of tasks. That allows for much
> easier integration with other scientific computing tools.

I can definitely add a Python interface. I agree that it would make it
much easier to use Goptical especially when connected to Jupyter
Notebooks. Right now my focus is on understanding how Goptical works,
checking correctness of its functions, and ensuring that the system is
robust. I will probably spend some months doing this before I can get
to other things.