goptical

[Goptical] [ANN] Goptical based project announcement

From: Dibyendu Majumdar
Subject: [Goptical] [ANN] Goptical based project announcement
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 23:15:11 +0100

Hi,

I am pleased to announce a new initiative to update Goptical. My goals are to:

a) Make Goptical portable and easy to build on Linux, Mac OSX and
Windows. I am making following changes to achieve this:

* Only support SVG output
* Ensure the code can be compiled by Visual Studio compiler on Windows 10.

b) Implement a command line utility that can read lens specifications
from a file, and produce layout diagrams and analysis output. Examples
of how the lens data is presented can be seen in the link below.

c) Add support for aspherical elements - using the most commonly used
parameters in patent literature.

d) Modernise the code to C++ 14.

e) Fix bugs.

The project is hosted on github at: