gomp-discuss

[Gomp-discuss] fortran parser :-) ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] fortran parser :-) ..
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:00:41 +0100

 Hi all,

  I have found the problem in the gcc 4.0 fortran parser :-) .... it does some
really
 nasty backtracking in fixed form and f77 compatible form.
  Now that the problem is identified I have come up with a bugfix, ( ugly hack
really ),
 which should make us able to parse the OMP directives :-), mainly we remember
if we
 have been on this line before.

  I am going to make a small proof of concept, and post the code to the list,
but in the
 long run the fortran parser will have to be fixed and I will try to work i on
this.

  Now an ugly hack might sound very bad, but it's ok for us, if we 'hijack' the
 scanner/parser until were done, this way the only thing that goes away with a
 working scanner/parser is our ugly hack, the code doing gomp stuff stays the
same.

  I hope this sounds reasonable to everyone.

 Did anybody have a good look at the c/c++ parser and figure out if we have to
make
 a new one or if we can use it for fortran also ?
 If the statements are exactly the same we might use different backends, ( ie.
something
 table driven ?? ).

  This is exiting, I really feel like omitting something nasty for the
gimplifier :-) .

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.