Re: In regards to defining GNUstep and Window Maker

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: In regards to defining GNUstep and Window Maker
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:58:32 -0600

P.S. It appears that the web page still hasn't updated, and I'm pretty sure it has been more than 24 hours...

On 2004-09-15 10:33:09 +0100 David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:

I think this shows that it is very important that we find some kind of
review mechanism for such updates to the web pages, so that we as a
community feel represented by the content.

It would help immensely if the CVS didn't randomly deny me access and the site updated from CVS a little more frequently, so that we weren't measuring bugfix times in days.

Definitely.

Manuel, can you set the main web site to update more often?

It doesn't seem like hourly would be too much of a burden. I think the CVS thing was temporary (see http://savannah.gnu.org)

Now we're not hosting the web archive on Savannah any more, why not move to GNU Arch? Then we can have some committers automatically merged, some requiring review and anyone being able to have all the revision control features for their edits. Downside is that submitters either mail patches (as at present) or need file space for publishing their archive (but http or ftp is fine).

Well, the CVS is on savannah. Were you thinking of moving it to a different machine?