Re: base exception handling coherency

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: base exception handling coherency
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 00:24:58 +0200

Hi,

David Chisnall wrote:
My guess is that it needs -I/usr/local/include, which is not always in the
default include path on FreeBSD.  You probably need to add this somewhere.  If
you look in /usr/ports/Mk/Uses/gnustep.mk, you will see the set of flags passed
to configure and gmake when building GNUstep stuff from ports.

your guess was correct. I just had to add CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include when running make configure and everything worked as expected.

in configure.ac we actually have this:
case "$target_os" in
  freebsd* | openbsd* )
                INCLUDES="$INCLUDES -I/usr/local/include"
                LIB_DIR="$LIB_DIR -L/usr/local/lib";;
  netbsd*)      INCLUDES="$INCLUDES -I/usr/pkg/include"
                LIB_DIR="$LIB_DIR -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib";;
esac

however I guess we should have this already set when we run the test, or it makes little sense: the rest is first "testing" against stuff in the system domain, but then adding the local domain for subsequent compiles, it is inconsistent.

Riccardo