base exception handling coherency

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: base exception handling coherency
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 23:39:39 +0200

Hi,

today I am rebuilding on FreeBSD 10.1 / clang and even with a clean "configure" (no other options) I get this:

 Compiling file GSObjCRuntime.m ...
In file included from GSObjCRuntime.m:39:
../../Headers/Foundation/NSException.h:44:2: error: "There are two separate
      exception handling mechanisms available ... one based on the standard
setjmp() function (which does not require special compiler support), and one 'native' version where the compiler manages the exception handling. If you try to use both in the same executable, exception handlers will not work... which can be pretty disastrous. This error is telling you that the gnustep-base library was built using one form of exception handling, but that the gnustep-make package you are using is building code to use the other form of exception handling ... with the consequence that exception handling would be broken in the program you are building. So, somehow your gnustep-base and gnustep-make package are incompatible, and you need to
      replace one of them with a version configured to match the other."
#error "There are two separate exception handling mechanisms available ....
 ^
../../Headers/Foundation/NSException.h:48:2: error: "gnustep-base is configured
      to use 'traditional' exceptions, but you are building for 'native'
      exceptions."
#error  "gnustep-base is configured to use 'traditional' exceptions, bu...
 ^
2 errors generated.

my gnustep-make was configured with:

./configure --prefix=/ --with-layout=gnustep CC=clang CXX=clang++

in the configure output I see:
checking whether the compiler supports native ObjC exceptions... no

is that the problem?

The configure check seems to fail for something stupid:

configure:6073: clang -c -g -O2 -x objective-c -I. -fgnu-runtime -DGNU_RUNTIME -fexceptions -fo
bjc-exceptions  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:10:10: fatal error: 'objc/objc.h' file not found
#include <objc/objc.h>
         ^
1 error generated.

is that expected?