Re: More Windows stuff ... example gui apps work for me now

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: More Windows stuff ... example gui apps work for me now
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:57:50 +0100

Nicola Pero wrote:

I did install Cygwin, and I tried this out, and it didn't work.  At a
first glance, the GCC/linker/etc shipped by default with Cygwin are not
new enough to have the new features (auto-export / auto-import etc) we're
using ?

I followed your advice how to test your make changes on Cygwin and failed as well. What does happen is that the libgnustep-base.dll.a file misses all the class exports, but also some functions are missing as for example GSLastErrorString. This make the linking of the SSL.bundle fail. I don't have a glue why this is happening. The gcc version I am using on Cygwin is still 3.3, but newer ones are available as well. Do we know, which component of the GCC tool chain is responcible for creating this exports and starting from which release are Objective-C classes directly supported?

Fred