Re: Rendering of fixed-width fonts

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Rendering of fixed-width fonts
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:57:57 +0700

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:12:02 -0700, Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:
> >
> > Ah.  Attached is a patch implementing these functions in back-art.  ;-)
> >
> > It modifies the existing DPSshow implementation to handle DPSxyshow,
> > DPSxshow, and DPSyshow.  Partial support is there for DPSwidthshow.
> > Right now I just patched ftfont-old.m since that's what I'm using
> > (freetype-2.1.2), and anyway this patch needs some feedback.
> >

> Well, I may have led you astray.  I think we were trying to make these
> functions obsolete. Although, I'm not sure why now.  If you find they
> make a big speed improvement, I suppose we could reconsider....

Hmmm, I didn't know any attempt to make DPS functions obsolete
so I keep using them a lot :( BTW, it seems PSops still  working
on OSX last time I tried them on jaguar, but they are buggy and I
have no idea about panther.

--
    _----_     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  /   /\   \   Free Software Yogi
 |  /----\  |  QSTORAD, Qing  Shan Tian Xia
  \/      \/   136 Nivesana 7, Jangwattana 14
   QingShan    Laksi, Bangkok, Thailand 10210