Re: GNUstep donations

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: GNUstep donations
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:06:26 +0100

Le 5 nov. 04, à 16:37, Adam Fedor a écrit :

Arg! Well after I got the ball rolling with SPI, RMS/FSF has come back and told me that they WILL handle small donations after all (via PayPal) and they would prefer I work with them instead of SPI. Although he said that the FSF will take 10% of all donations for FSF general operations. So what do you think? Should I blow off RMS and keep working with SPI?

I should have never asked him :-(

;-)

Well I think if SPI takes less then 10 % for the donations, you should continue with them… Few reasons : FSF hasn't helped/pushed a lot GNUstep in the past and FSF is not the center of the free software world (they would like people think that), moreover strictly personally speaking I would prefer that GNUstep can be somewhat independent from the FSF to maintain it's own vision… may be I'm not a FSF/RMS fan, who knows ;-)

Anyway Adam, you should do it as you feel it right…

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
address@hidden