Re: Image addition to NSTextView

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Image addition to NSTextView
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:48:06 +0200

Nicolas Roard wrote:
On 2003-09-22 00:29:15 +0000 Alexander Malmberg <address@hidden> wrote:

Nicolas Roard wrote:
I coded a small service which returns images from the selected text... and I saw
that NSTextView didn't accepted tiff data :-/
Here is a small patch to correct that (it embeds the data in a NSTextAttachment) :

Thanks! I've applied this (with some minor cleanups).

Ok ! I also noticed some parts of NSTextView where it seems to me that
NSTIFFPboardType should be added ... here is the patch :

But how would this patch help as [writeSelectionToPasteboard:types:] does not support NSTIFFPboardType? Shouldn't we implement this handling first?

<patch>

By the way, it would be good imho to add setImportsGraphics:YES to Ink.app,
so dnd of images will work ...
Document.m:261:  [textView setImportsGraphics: YES];

This looks like a great idea. Why did I forget about this setting when I wrote Ink?

Fred