Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:07:06 +0200

Nicola Pero wrote:
Btw - Stephane, have you experimented with using gnustep-make from
*within* ProjectBuilder ?  Some people told me that they are doing it. :-)

You can use gnustep-make in PBX by creating a "legacy makefile project". I did that quite some time. Currently I choose to use Jam for PBX and make for GNUstep because I would not like to require people to install gstep-make just for building a framework. But right now I consider going back to gstep-make because of the huge PBX problems in multi-platform and multi-user projects.

You are loosing some functionality and you are gaining some:
- eg, you loose the ability to add/remove files to the build process
  using the PBX checkboxes
- eg, you gain the ability to work in multiuser projects, PBX s*** big
  time for multiuser projects since the PBX files are just dumped
  archives and can not be usefully diffed in CVS

Greetings
  Helge