Re: GNUstep make problem packaging a framework

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep make problem packaging a framework
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:16:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Kaelin Colclasure wrote:

> When I try to package a framework I have built using GNUstep make into
> a RPM, I get the errors appended below. Apparently RPM does not like
> the symbolic links that get created inside the bundle to designate the
> current version... How do I fix / work around this?

good spot - packaging of frameworks is broken without obvious fix.

work around ? use a library project type instead of a framework, or a
bundle if you need to load it dynamically as it seems.

I'll have a look at fixing this ... but looking at it made me think it's
really time we do a change I've been mumbling over for months ...

I'll move frameworks from /opt/gnustep/System/Library/Frameworks into
/opt/gnustep/System/Frameworks, so that they are on the same level as
Apps, Bundles, Tools, Libraries.

Links to framework headers will be done from the standard location of
headers, /opt/gnustep/System/Headers/, where all other headers go - we'll
get rid of putting framework headers in a different dir (for no reason at
all) - I'll remove /opt/gnustep/System/Library/Headers and take advantage
of that to simplify all make code and all compiler command line
invocations.

Links to framework libraries will be done from the standard location of
libraries, /opt/gnustep/System/Libraries, where all other libraries go -
we'll get rid of putting frameworks libraries in a different dir (for no
reason at all) - I'll remove /opt/gnustep/System/Library/Libraries and
take advantage of that to simplify all make code and all linker command
line invocations.

We'll nearly cut in half the number of header and library dirs.

Once I've done this, all will already be simpler, and I'll fix the
packaging of frameworks.