gnushogi-users

Re: [Gnushogi-users] Install GnuShogi on Ubuntu Xenial

From: ydirson
Subject: Re: [Gnushogi-users] Install GnuShogi on Ubuntu Xenial
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 02:18:42 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

All is in the title : I installed on my computer (running on Xenial) the packages gnushogi, xshogi, and also xfonts-100dpi-transcoded when I see on a bug reports that it could play (I already got the others packages quoted on the following webpages) :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnushogi/+bug/1014821

I got the same problem : when I click on the app, a white icon with a question mark appears on the launcher, but nothing happens...
What happens when you open a terminal and launch gnushogi or xshogi by hand ?

Note that you may prefer to use tagua as a frontend, it is a bit more modern gui than old xshogi.
Thanks (and sorry for my bad english, I'm french).
Nice to see more french people jump the Shogi boat :)

Best regards,
--
Yann