Debugging help needed: gnunet services in a multiuser setup

From: Nikita Ronja Gillmann
Subject: Debugging help needed: gnunet services in a multiuser setup
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 14:05:00 +0200

So my gnunet is mostly working:

Logs for the gnunet user are looking good (as far as I can tell).
When I su into the gnunet user and execute gnunet-core with a path
to the config file, I get results. Same happens for -peerinfo.
gnunet-search works there as well.
All of this is the gnunet service (system user).

Now here are the issues, for the normal user:
The gnunetuser service has an issue running stop, the rest-service hangs around
(but on system shutdown it terminates).
gnunet-core doesn't display anything.
gnunet-peerinfo the same.
gnunet-search doesn't find anything.
gnunet-publish doesn't publish.
This is after approximately 14 days or more with this setup.

I'd like to keep the multiuser option for some added local security
and layouts.
Do you have any idea how I could fix this? Is there anything obviously
wrong with the gnunetuser service?
Does the multiuser setup work at all in your experience?

Does the gnunet normal user require (read?) access to the path
the system gnunet-arm is running in? At least that's what I read
from the DEBUG level log of the gnunet-arm as user.

Probably not related as I provide the config file in the service:
Did the default config move into .config/gnunet/gnunet.conf?

The newest code is at
https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=gnunet

Thanks.