packaging question on gnunet-gtk

From: Nikita Ronja Gillmann
Subject: packaging question on gnunet-gtk
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 19:34:40 +0100

Hi,

I've picked the gnunet packages back up for pkgsrc.
One odd thing I observed about gnunet-gtk is that
it does not build the gnunet-conversation-gtk binary,
even if the conditions for it are (as per config logs)
met.

I don't see anything in my first look at this which makes me
think that src/conversation is set to not build.

Build transcripts for builds from 0.16.0 tarball attached,
"building" is with a gnunet with conversations submodule,
"building-without" is with a gnunet without conversations submodule.

Note: in log file 'building', the text below essentially says that the
expected file (at the end of the build process, during creation of the
package file) is not found:

pkg_create: can't stat
`/usr/work/wip/gnunet-gtk/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/gnunet-conversation-gtk'
=> Checking file-check results for gnunet-gtk-0.16.0
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
/usr/work/wip/gnunet-gtk/work/.destdir/usr/pkg:
ERROR:
/usr/work/wip/gnunet-gtk/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/gnunet-conversation-gtk
*** Error code 1

PS: please only on-list replies, thanks. I subscribed for the time being.