Re: Improving FCFS daemon

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Re: Improving FCFS daemon
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 22:19:02 +0200

"Schanzenbach, Martin" <mschanzenbach@posteo.de> writes:

> Adding them seems to work but the service then
> crashes in all cases (error, success) at gnunet-namestore-fcfsd.c:326.

Huh, that's strange. Admittedly, I didn't properly test successful
insertions, but I didn't get any crash on errors.
I'll check it out.

> Oh and thanks for the very verbose commit message detailing the changes.
> I suggest directly putting this information as a handbook section into the
> repo.
>
> The commit message itself can be much more succinct then.

I personally prefer to (also) make verbose commits because while working
on other projects, both personal and by other people, I often found
myself reading the VCS's log, sometimes multiple times.  Having a
detailed explanation there too helped a lot, so I'd rather duplicate
long informations rather than make it shorter somewhere. I hope nobody
minds too much...

I'll add a section in the handbook after fixing the crash.
Should it be added as a subsection of NAMESTORE? I'm not really sure
where it would be more appropriate, but since at a source level it's in
the same directory, that seems to be a possible candidate.

Thanks,
A.V.