Re: Help writing transport

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Help writing transport
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 22:27:48 +0100

Hi Dan,

We're currently re-writing transport, which likely makes the current
code WAY more messy to understand as both old and new live side-by-side
in the repo.

Anyway, to answer your question, the best place to look is
src/include/gnunet_transport_communication_service.h.  If you use *this*
API to talk to transport (instead of a fifo), your HAM code should just
be able to 'register' itself with the (next generation) transport
service as a communicator and transport will then use it when it can.

If you cannot understand the API from reading the (commented) header,
there are existing examples of communicators in transport/.

I hope this helps!

Happy hacking!

Christian