Re: [GNUnet-developers] clang formatting discussion (documenting it)

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] clang formatting discussion (documenting it)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 09:04:25 +0000

One thing I found out today, or maybe I'm wrong about it, is
that clang has no way to ever do KNF style format enforcing.
Doesn't matter for us, but it sucks. Apparently clang-format
just looks at tokens and not the AST.

Anyway, I've built llvm from git yesterday and at least running
clang-format was okay.
I will document two ways to do this, static and dynamic.

The summary is as described on the website:
git clone https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project.git
cd llvm-project
mkdir build
cd build
# if dynamic build:
cmake -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS=clang -G "Unix Makefiles" ../llvm
make clang-format
# if static build:
cmake -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS=clang -DLLVM_BUILD_STATIC=true -G "Unix Makefiles"
../llvm
make clang-format

Unless I got it wrong somewhere, static build is still running, dynamic build
worked.
This is for NetBSD 8.99.37 userland but should work everywhere else.