Re: [GNUnet-developers] On Making Changes

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] On Making Changes
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 15:32:03 +0100

On 12/30/18 6:24 AM, Devan Carpenter [dvn] wrote:
> Hello, GNUnet developers, and lurkers!
>
> I hope this message finds you all well.
>
> Our beloved project has had a recent spike in attention due to sva's
> excellent 5-minute talk at hack.lu.
>
> It's been nice to see the positive feedback around the net, and equally
> alarming to be reminded of how difficult it is for a someone new to
> successfully engage with the project.
>
> I believe we should publish the new site already. It is not completely
> finished, (we should also remember that a website is never completley
> finished) but I posit that it is already enough of an improvement over
> the current website, that it should not be delayed any longer.

Indeed, albeit someone has to do the sysadmin work on firefly.gnunet.org
first ;-). ng0 has been helping with this, but the buildmaster is still
not running so we don't yet automatically generate the new page from Git
yet. But once that is done, I agree that it should go online and we
should just preserve the old page as old.gnunet.org.

Happy hacking!

-Christian