Re: [GNUnet-developers] Gnunet gui

From: dvn
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Gnunet gui
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 15:50:19 +0200

Hi,

First off - very happy for the interest in an (improved) GUI.

You should take a look at: https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet-gtk.git/

This project has been the main effort in GUI creation, and some parts
are rather full-fledged. Some of the other developers and users can
speak to this more than me.

There is also a newer javascript-based webui:
https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet-webui.git/

Which uses the REST API found here:
https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet-rest-api.git/

If you want to make something new, then I suggest choosing a language,
or languages, which are portable, pragmatic, and of coursefree.
Retroshare uses QT, which is more portable than GTK, and has some
interesting acessories like QML and QT creator, which seem to be more
advanced and mature than GTK's Glade.

I've spoken with one of the Retroshare developers before and my
impression is that they prefer QT over GTK mainly because it is rooted
in an Object-Oriented language. Something to ponder, at least...

All the best -
- Devan Carpenter

No transcribed 694 bytes: