[GNUnet-developers] womb / maintainers description rewrite

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] womb / maintainers description rewrite
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 14:13:16 +0000

curl http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/womb/gnumaint/gnupackages.txt
curl http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/womb/gnumaint/pkgblurbs.txt

both files could be old and outdated (in CVS marked as DEAD).
Mike writes that they generate it from a script, happened recently:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-06/msg00361.html

I think the information will still be relevant, what they have on easy
to find packages of us is a bit outdated:

link in line 1 returns:

package: gnunet
doc-category: Internet
doc-summary: Secure, decentralized, peer-to-peer networking framework
doc-url: http://gnunet.org/book
gplv3-status: depends-on-mysql (gnumaint-reply 20 Aug 2007 20:40:48)
activity-status: ok 201404008 (0.10.1, java-0.10.1, gtk-0.10.1,
fuse-0.10.0/20131222)

package: libextractor
logo: /software/libextractor/extractor_logo.png
doc-category: Audio
doc-summary: Library to extract meta-data from media files
doc-url: htmlxref
gplv3-status: depends-on-gnunet (gnumaint-reply 20 Aug 2007 20:40:48)
activity-status: stale 20131223 (1.3)

package: libmicrohttpd
copyright-holder: notfsf
language: c
doc-category: Libraries
doc-summary: C library implementing an HTTP 1.1 server
doc-url: /software/libmicrohttpd/manual/
gplv3-status: depends-on-gnunet-lgplv2.1+
activity-status: ok 20160409 (0.9.49)

link in line 2 returns:

package: gnunet
blurb: GNUnet is a framework for secure peer-to-peer networking.  The
+ high-level goal is to provide a strong foundation of free software for a
+ global, distributed network that provides security and privacy.  GNUnet
+ in that sense aims to replace the current internet protocol stack.  Along
+ with an application for secure publication of files, it has grown to include
+ all kinds of basic applications for the foundation of a GNU internet.

For 1 I propose to correct the doc-url entry, we already have a first
initial state of https://docs.gnunet.org publicly accessible.
license status does only reflect the latest release (maybe its intended
to be that way?).

libextractor is not stale in development.
lmhd had more recent releases I think.

the depends-on could get more entries, but I don't know what they need/want.

For 2: Let us rewrite the text. I've seen that you were active at the new
website with a small fitting description, and we should sync that. The
current package description was adjusted by myself at some point in the
last couple of years.