Re: [GNUnet-developers] [Battlemesh] wifibroadcast

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] [Battlemesh] wifibroadcast
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 16:37:49 +0200

On Sun, 2017-04-23 at 00:01 +0200, Simon Wunderlich wrote:

> What is missing (or at least I didn't find it
> and  implemented something on my own) is a library/function to build
> radiotap  headers (i.e. for writing). There are quite a few things to
> consider (padding, alignment, etc).

Yeah, that could be done - but generally it's actually quite easy since
a given application will only have a given subset of radiotap
information it generates... wrapping all of that with some kind of
helper function could result in pretty bloated code.

> To make it useful, you would also need to build ieee80211 headers at
> the same time ...

I don't really agree - these can and should be separate IMHO.

Anyway, there isn't any such thing today.

johannes