Re: [GNUnet-developers] [Battlemesh] wifibroadcast

From: Daniel Golle
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] [Battlemesh] wifibroadcast
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:37:03 +0200

Hi Simon,

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 09:55:03PM +0200, Simon Wunderlich wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> >     mac80211: Parse legacy and HT rate in injected frames
>
> Yup, Sven was so kind and helped with this. :D
>
> I'm experimenting with some opportunistic routing ideas ...

I just realized that the radiotap headers are still not part of the
UAPI exported by the kernel. How is one supposed to go about this
issue? Have lots of diverging local copies of ieee80211_radiotap.h?
And change all the kernel-specific types (u16 and such) into their
corresponding userland types (u_int16)...?

I'd be glad if you can share your idea about proper and/or intentional
use of the kernel's radiotap capabilities...

Cheers

Daniel