Re: [GNUnet-developers] Tim Berners-Lee, reinventing GNUnet via Solid (s

From: Jeff Burdges
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Tim Berners-Lee, reinventing GNUnet via Solid (sort of)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:56:49 +0200

I asked around about Solid since it sounded like some semantic web
retread.  We should not expect anything useful from them.

It's apparently some perfect storm of web developers doing cryptography
really badly, while ignoring warnings about trivial things like no
reusing signing keys for encryption.

Worse, the W3C is now doing nasty DRM shit (EME) in part because they
wasted so much money on Solid.

I think Matrix is broadly considered promising, but afaik they cannot do
anything high latency, so metadata leakage galore.

Jeff