[GNUnet-developers] Volunteers Needed

From: John Michael Lafayette
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Volunteers Needed
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 18:44:43 -0400

Dear GNU-NET,

I need people to help me get data on large scale NAT. The task is simple. In the Google Drive link here ( https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1IimJ20gG0SaU9VVGxTVWR4dnc&usp=sharing ), there are two java files. They both make a server respond with your ip address and port.

Experiment1.java measures changes in port # with one outgoing address. Experiment2.java measures changes in port # across two different outgoing addresses. Run these two files and save the output. I need people to run these files on different large scale NATs, especially 2/3/4G.

There's also a C file (nat depth measurer). The code is based off traceroute / tracepath - it sends UDP packets and gets back ICMP replies. It should estimate how many layers of NAT//router/ISP you have to hop through before reaching the public internet. If you could ignore the commented out stuff and review the code I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Appendix:

With Experiment1.java, if your port and ip do not change based on outgoing port #, terminal output will look like this...

$ java Experiment1
On iteration 0: /128.227.4.85:8000
On iteration 1: /128.227.4.85:8000
On iteration 2: /128.227.4.85:8000

With Experiment2.java, if your port and ip do not change based on outgoing address, terminal output will look like this...

$ java Experiment2
Outgoing port: 8000 public ip/port: /128.227.11.255:8000
Outgoing port: 8000 public ip/port: /128.227.11.255:8000