Re: [GNUnet-developers] New NAT Traversal Method

From: Bruno Cabral
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] New NAT Traversal Method
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 16:01:17 -0300

Hello,

The GNUNet codebase looks weird at first, but can be a good idea to implement your thesis here.

It do have a lot of helpers, and it already have some NAT traversal implementations.

Check :

http://nattest.net.in.tum.de/publications.php

and

https://gnunet.org/pwnat

It can be a good baseline in your thesis evaluation.

Also, you don’t need to use ICMP hole punching. It is only one technique. Actually it have ICMP, UDP STUN ( new STUN, without TURN) and UPNP.

Here you have a good tutorial to get started.

https://gnunet.org/svn/gnunet/doc/gnunet-c-tutorial.pdf

[]’s

Bruno