Re: [GNUnet-developers] Impact of GNUNET_TEST_HOME

From: DocMalloc
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Impact of GNUNET_TEST_HOME
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:00:40 +0100

On Fri, 2015-01-16 at 09:40 +0100, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> Thus, services like core, transport or statistics that are "global" for
> the entire peer, have a UNIXPATH like this:
>

> [statistics]
> UNIXPATH = $GNUNET_RUNTIME_DIR/gnunet-service-statistics.sock
>
> which does not depend on GNUNET_TEST_HOME -- it should got to /tmp and
> "just work".   Also, testcases should never have to change those
> defaults.  Now, given that this is always the same directory, there can
> be problems when testcases don't clean up properly after themselves
> (i.e. old service processes are left alive), and in particular we have
> #3256 which may also be relevant in your case.

The issue is running tests or make check when gnunet is running on a
system. In this case the tests will fail, atm e.g. in statistics and
arm,
with rather unintuitive error messages
Because the UNIX sockets are already in use ...

So I cannot run tests when a gnunet peer is running or what is the
general idea? In this case we should detect gnunet running...

-M