gnunet-developers
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [GNUnet-developers] Broken download in gnunet-gtk (SVN 7059)


From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Broken download in gnunet-gtk (SVN 7059)
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 01:46:16 -0600
User-agent: KMail/1.9.9

On Friday 06 June 2008 03:59:46 pm Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> I've just realized my last commit [1] broke all downloads in gnunet-gtk.
> Since I added one column in the tree model, this can be related. However, I
> can't see why the SEARCH_URI column would have disappeared since I did not
> change it - and all other columns are all right. Do you have an idea?

Yes, found & fixed it.  Was a nice one.  You added (to fs.h):

#ifdef HAVE_GIO
  SEARCH_ICON,
#endif

which would have worked just fine if fs.h had included "platform.h", but it 
did not.  In search.c, "platform.h" was included before fs.h, so it caused no 
problems (and you got your search icon #defined).  In 
download.c, "platform.h" was included *after* "fs.h".  As a result, 
SEARCH_ICON was #undef'ed and all of the other SEARCH_XXX constants were 
off-by-one (including URI).  

I've fixed this in HEAD (and also did some minor other cosmetic changes around 
your code).

> As a sidenote, I don't know what ´╗┐idc_mime is used to, since it only
> appears 4 times in the function: declaration, getting the value from the
> tree model, and two conditional GNUNET_free () calls. So nothing useful
> AFAIK - this is important because I transformed the SEARCH_MIME column into
> a description.

Yes, that code is dead.  I have removed it.

> Sorry for the inconvenience...

No problem -- I have looked over the patch closely and without debugging I 
could have never found what was wrong with it ;-).

Christian




reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]