Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet deployment

From: Nils Durner
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet deployment
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:19:17 +0100

Hi,

> Also,
> if the documentation is insufficient, you might find me and others
> that are
> able to help on the GNUnet IRC channel, which might be more
> appropriate for
> discussions.
... and there's also our community site at
    http://gnunet.org/drupal/

> The most tricky issue for new
> users are that searches are case-sensitive and precise -- you query must
> match exactly the keyword provided during insertion. So "GPL" is not
> "gpl".
There's one exception: if the keywords were retrieved from the file's
meta-data using libextractor, they are added in original case and lower
case.
Example:

    C:\GNUnet\bin>gnunet-insert -e c:\ArbR1.pdf
    Keywords for file `c:\ArbR1.pdf':
    Filename - ArbR1.pdf
    lower case conversion - arbr1.pdf

A related feature is transliteration of special characters:

    C:\GNUnet\bin>gnunet-insert -e "c:\überkingen © by n.jpg"
    Keywords for file `c:\überkingen © by n.jpg':
    Filename - überkingen © by n.jpg
    unknown - ueberkingen (C) by n.jpg

As you might be aware, the next major release 0.7.1 is in the works, so
you might want to do your experiments using the latest prerelease source.

       Nils