[GNUnet-developers] Re: README french translation/installation documenta

From: N. Durner
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: README french translation/installation documentation
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:29:34 +0200

Hi,

> What about making the compilation/installation easier for new users ?
> I think about autoinstall script thats seems to be no completely
> functional,
There's an install script: contrib/autoinstall.
I'm working on gnunet-setup (Mantis  #593 ), which should make the
configuration of GNUnet much easier.

> and about documentation of the ./configure options, like
> --with-gtk, with-gdbm, etc... My idea is that many users we need
> aren't so experimented they want to install and configure manually
> GNUnet.
Most default settings (with-gdbm) are fine, but I think we should just
silently disable features (without-gtk, enable-guile) that aren't available
on the user's machine instead of aborting the build process (see Debian's
build logs).

    Nils