Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor, macos x

From: Filip Pizlo
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor, macos x
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 03:51:37 -0500 (EST)

> > 2. On MacOS X (10.3.2 with gcc-3.3 from apple) the existing config stuf
> > for extractor 0.2.6 did not
> > work for me. I had to modify the configure.ac file as follows:

In what way did it not work?

> > case "$host_os" in
> > darwin*)
> > #    AM_CONDITIONAL(DARWIN_LIBTOOL_BROKEN,true)
> > #    AC_DEFINE([USE_NS_MODULE],1,[Determines if we should use the
> > NSModule API for dynamic loading])
> >      AM_CONDITIONAL(DARWIN_LIBTOOL_BROKEN,false)
> >      LIBLTDL=/sw/lib/libltdl.a
> >      LTDLINCL=-I/sw/include
> >      ;;
> >
> > [This requires libtool stuff installed under /sw, which is the default
> > if one is
> > using Fink] Also maybe one should add a switch to configure which would
> > allow
> > specification of libltdtl?
>
> I'm not sure if hardwireing /sw is a good thing.  I'm not familiar with OSX,
> so I've cc'ed this to Filip Pizlo who did the OSX port.  I'd suggest you
> discuss the matter with him to find out what is the correct approach.

10.3.2 supports the dlopen APIs.  I see three options: 1) make the
NSModule API support work under 10.3.2 (which should be easy); 2) use
dlopen directly; and 3) fix ltdl to use dlopen on Mac OS X 10.3.2.

I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow on my 10.3 box.  But if you could send
me any sort of info about what exactly failed, that would be greap.

--
Filip Pizlo
http://bocks.psych.purdue.edu/