Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor, macos x

From: Jussi Eloranta
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor, macos x
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:14:25 +0200

On 15 Mar 2004, at 10:46, Christian Grothoff wrote:

I'm not sure if hardwireing /sw is a good thing. I'm not familiar with OSX, so I've cc'ed this to Filip Pizlo who did the OSX port. I'd suggest you
discuss the matter with him to find out what is the correct approach.

Well, I am not exactly suggesting hardwiring anything, but giving configure a possibility
to look for alternative locations (with --with_something).
5. Weird dynamic linker problem on Macos X. It insisted that _gettext
could not be found when I start gnunetd. If force it to look for
libintl.dylib
then it works, ie.:

setenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES /sw/lib/libintl.dylib
/usr/local/bin/gnunetd

It appears to be a problem for all gnunet-* binaries (so a quick hack
is to put the setenv in .cshrc or whateverRC).

This is probably a problem on my machine... but who knows...

GNUnet has not yet been ported to OSX and the dynamic loading of libraries
with libtool is the known problem with OSX (see file "PLATFORMS").

Yes, I know. However, everything works ok except for this "small thing"....

6. Files download correctly but at the end of download (and
occasionally during download) I get:

[comp56:~/gnunet-downloads] % gnunet-gtk
Mar  7 21:52:18 FAILURE: file corrupted (or bug), top crc mismatch in
block 1 0: 7d9f6b4d != 25812b15 or 466dc92 != 466dc92
Mar  7 21:52:18 __BREAK__ at block.c:1825
Mar  7 21:52:18 top CRC mismatch!
Mar  7 21:52:18 __BREAK__ at logging.c:240

It calims CRC error but, in fact, there is no error in the downloaded
file.

Whew. Now that's something really new. Must have been two years since I saw something like that. Either you managed to download a file that was inserted with a broken version of freeway (always possible) or there's a really odd
problem with your platform or there's a really, really rare bug.

I get these errors with every download so the problem must be with the MacOS X version
that I compiled. On intel-linux box this works OK.

I wonder if there are any byte order problems in the CRC code (as macs are PPC)? The mac I am using is G4, which 32 bit system (i.e. there should not be any 64 bit issues).

Jussi