Re: [GNUnet-developers] mysql database problem

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] mysql database problem
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:58:23 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, eric haumant wrote:

> I'm trying to use the mysql database type for gnunet. I've installed mysql
> (version : 3.23.49) on my Debian, I've make a user that has the same name as
> my gnunetd user, a database named gnunet. I've make the .my.cnf file in the
> home directory of my user (I tried login in and it works). But when running
> gnunetd, it drops without any errors. I've hacked the code and found that de
> call to mysql_real_connect drops gnunetd.
> Can anyone help me ?

Yes. Don't use mysql 3.23.49. That has a segv bug precisely with
the way that gnunetd connects to it. And let me stress that
its a bug of mysql, and not gnunetd. It can be solved by using
either earlier or later version of mysql.

Personally I think it especially unfortunate that 3.23.49 is
the version bundled with several distros.

Igor