Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUtls

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUtls
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:48:06 +1000

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:07:57 -0500
Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Monday 14 October 2002 10:50 am, Stephan Hepper wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > i've got a question about GNUnet.
> > is it possible to replace OpenSSL with GNUtls?
> > i'd like to do that if it would be possible...
>
> I don't know GNUtls well enough. If it's ciphers are bit-wise
> compatible, this should be possible. All calls to OpenSSL are in the
> src/util package and should be easy to #ifdef to call GNUtls instead.

Hi all

I have looked into it previously, GNUtls has the functionality, and
#defines could be used, however it may be easier to replace complete
functions with GNUtls based code rather than defining around individual
commands.

The catch with openssl is that GNUnet uses it also to pass the config
file, so a GNUtls would need to use another library (e.g. libcfg+) to pass
the GNUnet's config file.

I got bogged down trying to work it out and put it on the backburner, but
Stephen if your still keen i would like to help out.

Glenn