Re: Fwd: GNU Herds: Attend pending to classify skills

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Fwd: GNU Herds: Attend pending to classify skills
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:37:14 +0100

Antenore Gatta <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm going to classify a skill, but I'm not sure about the meaning of such
> acronym.
>
> The skill name is LPI, and I guess it would mean Linux Professional
> Institute, isn't it?
>
> In that case, any idea on how to classify it?

I think the skill should be LPIC to mean the LPI's certification.
It's probably "Abstract" on the list shown at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=209
but obtaining LPIC means using and paying for non-free software, as
well as not waiting/pressing for LPI's free vapourware Xamnet, so it's
a bit of a mixed blessing for free software development.

I'll await other views with interest.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)